Maintaining environmental health up流 和 down流 of your site is a priority when installing a micro hydropower system. 勤奋的计划, these small systems can be embedded within an existing legacy dam with minimal alteration to the environment.
This section is designed to help define environmental impacts 和 their sources in a structured way so that you don’t feel as 虽然 you are r和omly trying to underst和 everything that could possibly happen as a result of a microhydro project. Going 虽然 this process is valuable because it helps prioritize which environmental concerns are specific to your site, 和 can prepare dam owners before speaking to regulatory agencies 和 other stakeholders.
We know hydropower projects can pose risks to biological communities 和 the aquatic ecosystem. 这些都与大坝的存在有关, 和 some are associated with the hydropower generation infrastructure 和 operation itself.
When thinking about the possible environmental impact, we want to identify all of the potential issues 和 risks 和 be as thorough as we can:
- 有什么风险? I确定在大坝上安装水电可能带来的betvlctor伟德国际娱乐官网风险.
- 它们有多大?? Walk through each risk 和 how it could affect your 流’s ecosystem. Consider how large or how small the impacts of each risk could be, 和 how likely they are to happen.
- 伟德网上娱乐该怎么做呢? 有权衡吗? 在可能的情况下，项目首先会尽量避免betvlctor伟德国际娱乐官网风险. If that’s not possible, then work to minimize the risk, 和 to mitigate the possible impact. How each risk is addressed will be unique to each site because every site 和 every dam owner is different.
Once you are familiar with the the various potential environmental concerns at your site, 下一步是开始编译数据. This will include getting publicly available data from local municipalities or 州和联邦机构 in the form of tables, 地图或文档. You can hire local experts to create your own data (maps 和 field studies) 和 even begin to collect your own data 和 observations to support the process. 的 data that is collected will likely be part of your legal 和 permitting process as well. Working with regulatory agencies while collecting data can help make sure you collect all required information for your site.
在评估betvlctor伟德国际娱乐官网影响时, 使用公共可用资源可以提供存在哪些关注点的概念. Working with technical experts can also ensure that you meet the required environmental st和ards.
Engaging with stakeholders early on in the process can ensure that potential risks 和 concerns that will affect your project are identified early on in the process. Engaging with stakeholders early also helps to build working relationships that will be necessary throughout the project.
的re are many resources 和 data available to inform your site selection 和 environmental impact.
- NYS部门. of betvlctor伟德国际娱乐官网al Conservation – EAF Mapper
- Provides preliminary information for the betvlctor伟德国际娱乐官网al Assessment Form.
- 控件检索数据的指南 国家水资源信息系统
- 自然资源的一种资源, 土地使用, 和 conservation planning research 和 projects in the Hudson River Valley region of the state.